Sorry Dave,
I am in the same trap that I'll bet isn't uncommon with online studies. The project is too big, with too many moving parts for me to face without regrouping a little. The time I needed for that to happen hasn't been enough, and so I will miss this deadline. Go ahead and give me the F-. Every week, as new material gets added here, I see things that make me unsure of how to use online for the flipped class approach. I see some things I want to do, but not how to get it all into syllabus/lesson plan form yet. I guess I'm unclear on exactly what I'm supposed to be doing since this (as I understand it) is pretty much a practice run. The course I'm working on is a revision/combination of two courses that I taught separately this Fall with no plan going in. There is no curriculum for any of my courses, I have to make it all up as I go. I want to use some of this technology to make more effective assignments, but I'm not completely sure of what the new learning objectives and assignment will even be. I plan to spend some uninterrupted DAYS working on that in about two more weeks when one of my short classes finishes. I can get enough evening time to do these posts and the readings, but further work on that class requires more time and help than I can access right now. I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the kinds of different tech usage ideas presented here, and I want to choose the BEST ones for given situations so that it keeps the students' interest.
No comments:
Post a Comment